Results-Driven Representation in DuPage County, Wheaton & Will County, IL
The division of marital property is a key issue for many couples facing divorce. How this issue is resolved can dramatically impact your financial stability and future. Because of its critical nature, this issue is often a matter of high conflict. Where high net worth and assets exist, the issue can magnify in its significance, complication, and contention, especially where spouses harbor ill will towards one another.
Because of this, high-asset divorces or those with vast incomes require the services of divorce lawyers with specific skills and knowledge. At Kazmar Feely, our attorneys have many years of serving high-net-worth individuals. We can help you devise and implement strategies regarding your assets that will shield you from unnecessary risk and optimize your income.
Particular circumstances that call for legal proficiency in dealing with high-net-worth estates can include:
- Professional licenses or degrees which offer heightened earning potential
- Professional practices (such as the valuation of the spouse’s partnership in a law/medical practice)
- Family businesses and closely held entities
- Separate estates, involving property that a spouse came into the marriage owning or that were inherited/gifted, and are consequently excluded from property division
- Complicated business transactions
- Retirement assets such as stock options, IRAs, 401(k) accounts, and pensions
- Extensive real estate holdings, including income-generating properties
- Estate division requiring sophisticated strategies to limit tax liability
- Investments, profit sharing plans, stock options
Our attorneys have extensive knowledge of financial principles applicable to divorce, which enables superior asset/liability allocation, the discovery of hidden income/assets, optimal tax allocation, and support payment litigation.
We have successfully represented high-asset clients, such as:
- Individuals with extensive trust funds
- Fortune 500 executives
- Professional athletes
- Senior corporate executives, including CEOs, CFOs, Presidents, and Directors
- Owners of closely-held entities
In the courtroom, our attorneys bring their extensive experience in analyzing financial statements, obtaining beneficial expert reports, and cross-examining financial professionals. We have conducted litigation involving residential and commercial real estate appraisals, business valuations, forensic accounting and tracing of hidden assets, financial analysis of complex classes of assets and liabilities, deviations from child support and alimony guideline calculations, and the determination of actual income.