Serving Clients in DuPage County, Wheaton & WIll County, IL
Family law matters, such as divorce, child custody, and domestic violence are among the most emotionally charged of all legal issues. These issues impose not only legal challenges as to the most constructive way to resolve them optimally but emotional challenges that commonly make them matters of extreme stress, pain, and contention between parties. They deal with your most intimate and fundamental relationships, as partners in life and financial success and as parents. When relationships break down, it can be a considerable loss. Trying to work out resolutions can be equally difficult.
At Kazmar Feely, we understand the hardships and challenges you face in resolving family law matters. Our team of attorneys brings more than 50 combined years of practice handling Illinois family law exclusively, which means our ability to apply the principles of law pertaining to your case is built on daily experience in this field only. Additionally, that daily experience in the family law system means we are deeply familiar with the procedures you will undergo as well as the judges and attorneys you will be facing in resolving your case. As one of the most respected family law firms in the area, we are more than qualified to help you through your family crisis no matter how complex or contentious it may be.
Our firm handles the following family law matters:
- Divorce. We handle all types of complex divorce, including those involving high conflict over paternity, child custody, marital property, and same-sex marital issues. We resolve the vast majority of divorce cases through skillful and creative negotiation. Where amicable efforts have been exhausted, litigation may become necessary. We have a very high rate of success in resolving complex divorce through trial.
- Marital property division. Property, debt, and assets acquired during the marriage will need to be equitably divided during a divorce. Our family lawyers have significant experience in resolving this critical issue that can impact your future financial stability.
- Paternity. This issue must be resolved by unmarried parents seeking child support or child custody through the courts. Our team has years of representation in resolving this matter for countless clients.
- Post-divorce modifications. Child support, child custody, and alimony are all matters that may need to be changed when your current situation no longer fits court orders based on past circumstances.
- Child support. This matter must follow state guidelines. We can help you seek a fair payment through court action.
- Alimony/spousal support. This is an issue that is resolved based on certain factors in your case. We can help you seek or contest alimony in your divorce.
- High-asset divorce. We have substantial experience with complex assets and high net worth property division. Our firm uses extensive discovery techniques and asset analysis to help you achieve an optimal result.
- Custody and parental alienation. If your co-parent is sabotaging your relationship with your child, we can help you by bringing forth evidence of this and seeking remedies through the court.
- Child custody. We approach child custody cases with the highest degree of sensitivity. Because of the traumatic effect conflict can have on the child, child custody litigation will always be the last resort. However, when your parental rights are jeopardized, we will deploy our extensive courtroom experience to zealously represent your interests and secure the optimal child custody outcome.
Our attorneys often work together on cases. This synergistic approach gives you the serious advantage of having two legal minds with unique skills and strengths devising creative strategies on your behalf with cost-effective results.
"Elizabeth was able to pressure my ex and his attorney to settle, giving me what was best for my kids in terms of parenting schedule and decision making without having the expense/stress of going to trial."Karen S.
"Luke and Elizabeth have been my attorneys for over 20 years. They have not only given me excellent advice but have also crafted creative and effective solutions to my legal issues. They have epitomized the term "trusted advisor" in all respects."Michael R.
"I know that your attorney is not your friend. Yet, Mr. Kazmar has shown such care and consideration that I truly value him as I would a friend or family member."Rachel B.
"Mr. Kazmar helped me with some very difficult issues related to my businesses, alimony and custody of young kids. My ex took very unreasonable positions so I needed someone who was tough and dependable. Ms. Feely was also involved in certain aspects of the"Former Client
"Protected me as a father and always treated me with dignity and respect. Fought hard and smart. I would never have the custody I have without their help and my kids would have suffered."Rick Coburn
"Luke fought hard for me in my divorce case and did a wonderful job in being a obtaining a financial settlement that has allowed me to retire with peace of mind."Irene D.